I’m altogether grateful and humbled to be able to continue to serve this community as the Ward 4 City Councillor – thank you to everyone, the voters, community supporters, campaign volunteers, and friends and family: I look forward to this 2022-2026 term on Oshawa City Council!
Hi and welcome!
I’m Derek Giberson, and since the 2018 municipal election, I’ve had the immense privilege of representing Ward 4 on Oshawa City Council, and I’m asking Ward 4 residents for your support again on October 24, 2022, to continue as your City Councillor.
During the 2018-2022 Council term, I’m proud of the work I’ve been doing on City Council on behalf of Ward 4 residents and all of Oshawa in several ways:
- work for safer streets and traffic-calmed neighbourhoods
- push for more responsible, sustainable approaches to development
- address the multi-faceted components needed to create a vibrant, inclusive, dynamic Downtown
- take action on climate change through fleet electrification and charging infrastructure
- speak up for under-represented groups and voices
- keep a continued eye on solid fiscal responsibility
I’m looking forward to engaging with you in the days and weeks ahead! Please take a look around the website to learn more, and if you have something on your mind and can’t find anything on the website that addresses it, feel free to reach out to me to get in touch!